COVID-19 Assistance and Safety Measures
We’re here to help. As life around you becomes uncertain, we want you to know that Vibe Credit Union will remain here for your financial needs. We will continue to update this page as we track national, state, and local guidelines for recommended safety and service procedures.
Protecting Our Members and Staff
We are happy to welcome our members back into our branches in a limited capacity. We’ve missed you!
As we open our doors again, you will notice we are taking significant protective measures to keep our members and staff safe and healthy. Some branch hours have changed; please visit our Locations Page for the most up-to-date branch hours.
Below are the measures Vibe Credit Union implemented for your safety and wellness:
- All Vibe Credit Union staff are wearing face coverings for your protection and theirs. Team members working with cash will wear gloves.
- Germ shields have been installed at all Teller Stations and Member Service areas.
- For proper social distancing, we are limiting the number of members in each branch, and we encourage you to continue to use the drive-thru whenever possible.
- All member areas are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day and each evening.
- All members entering our lobbies will be required to wear a face-covering that covers their nose and mouth.
- Members may be greeted at the front door to ensure we adhere to branch capacity limits.
- Vibe staff will continue to be available for appointments by calling 248.735.9500.
- We ask that members avoid bringing family members not required for the transaction into the branch.
- Signage and markers have been placed throughout the branch to ensure that social distancing is always observed.
We will continue to be available to you for all your financial needs. We are committed to improving our members’ financial lives. As one team, we will continue to serve our members and the community. If you have been financially impacted by the recent health crisis, please contact us regarding solutions available to assist you during this difficult time.
Thank you for your membership and your adherence to our new protective measures. Our goal is to keep our members and staff protected. If you have any questions regarding the opening of our branch lobbies, please text/call 248.735.9500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Hardship Solutions
If you or your family are experiencing financial hardship because of the impact of the current health crisis, we’re here and ready to help with financial solutions to fit your situation. We are offering loan payment deferrals, loan modifications, COVID-19 Relief Loans, and other special programs to help you navigate through this uncertainty. Please contact us at 248.596.4450, so our team can assist you.
Easy to Use Remote Services
Now more than ever, we encourage you to use our convenient remote channels, including Online & Mobile Banking, Online Bill Pay, Mobile Deposit, and ATMs. Not only can these channels be used from the safety of your home or car, but they are significantly more convenient.
Watch out for Stimulus Scams
- The IRS is sending Stimulus Payments through direct deposit, and for those without direct deposit by regular mail at a later date. Beware if you are asked to verify a check online or by phone.
- Do not be fooled by fraudsters, posing as the IRS, who are sending messages and links through social media and texts asking for personal information “necessary” to receive a Stimulus Payment.
- Research any agency that requests personal information from you. Confirm they are legitimate, and then call them on your own. Most agencies will never ask for personal information via email or text.
- Beware of a scam that offers to get you your Stimulus Payment sooner by paying a processing fee. The US Government does not charge a processing fee.
- Calls, emails, or gift card requests claiming to be from the IRS are popular scams. The IRS communicates mostly via USPS.
Follow general best practices:
- Please monitor your credit union accounts regularly to make sure that unauthorized transactions are not occurring on your account.
- Set up Alerts on your accounts, so that you will be notified immediately of any unauthorized activity.
- Download our CardNav App to get alerts on your debit card activity; once downloaded, you will have the ability to turn cards off if lost or stolen.
- Be cautious of fraudulent websites and phishing scams. We will never reach out to members unsolicited for personal or account information via email, text, or by phone.
If you need assistance with any of these services, call or text our Connection Center at 248.735.9500. You can also reach us by email at email@example.com.
Stay safe. Together, we will get through this! See how Vibe is supporting the community during the pandemic!