Certificate of Deposit
You can earn even more on your money with increased interest rates on our Certificates of Deposit and Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Certificates of Deposit (CD). We offer higher rates than the local competition and our CDs feature:
- Terms from 1-5 years
- Competitive rates for the term of the certificate
- Low $500 minimum deposit
- Interest calculated daily; three interest payment options:
- Full interest paid at maturity
- Interest compounded quarterly (added to certificate)
- Monthly interest transfers to your Vibe Checking or Savings account
- Partial withdrawals allowed, subject to penalty
- Early withdrawal penalties: 90 days interest on one year; 180 days interest on all others
- Optional automatic renewal at maturity
- Certificate renewal notices sent seven (7) days prior to maturity; renewed automatically if no response; seven (7) day grace period for renewals; renewal acknowledgment sent on request
- Safety - CDs are included in NCUA $250,000 share insurance coverage.
Open a CD
Individual Retirement Account
Choose Vibe to be your "safe place" in your IRA portfolio. We offer both Traditional and Roth IRA CDs.
Traditional IRAs grow tax deferred, and depending on your gross annual income, may allow you a tax deduction. For 2015, singles may be eligible to contribute up to $5,500 (or $6,500 for age 50 and older). A married couple may be eligible to contribute a total of $11,000 per year ($13,000 for age 50 and older), even if one person is not employed. You can also rollover funds from another IRA or qualified pension plan to your Vibe IRA.
Roth IRAs provide for tax-free growth. Contributions are non-deductible, but can be withdrawn without federal penalty or taxation. Earnings can be withdrawn tax-free if done under qualifying IRS regulations.